Facing a major set back on that count, I decided to grab the leftover green bits from the tunic I cut up and
added those as lengthening fabric to tie. It was a perfect contrast color to both prints. The construction is a bit stodgy as I am still not. quite. there. when it comes to sewing on my machine. But it's the most wearable thing I've ever made from scratch. With more patience and practice, I know I can get better.
I can definitely see making more of these to add to the shop stock this summer if there is interest. They'd probably run a little more expensive (~$20) than the tie-obis as they do take more time to make, but they'll run you double duty since they're reversible! Let me know what you think!
Also fwiw, there are seven made up obi belts in the shop right now, with a couple more ready to be made. Unless I get any requests or donations, I probably won't have anything new up until summer.
|PS, yes - Saturday was SANDAL WEATHER!!!|