Dress - Karen Kane
Obi Belt - MMD
Pearl Hart Pumps - John Fluevog
Necklace - gift from Lynne
Today was super lovely. I decided a swishy dress and kicky heels was on the menu. I've also decided this is my personal obi belt. I'm keeping this one. ;) After all, it matches my pumps. I already can't get enough of this necklace. I love the stone and leather. The front of the garage is coming together, still posing with the skyjack for now!
Beth over at Bethie the Boo gifted me with the Sunshine Award and asked some questions. We're supposed to tag more people and make up more questions, but I'll just say if you need something to blog, feel free to snag these questions - you're tagged!
1. You are stranded on a deserted island with only five songs on your iPod - what five songs are you going to listen to on repeat?
I'd rather have a book and the sounds of the water. I'm not a music person. I prefer quiet. But if I had to pick something, I'd say classical, preferably violin based. Or some Gaga.
2. Have you heard of that show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate?" What would you say if you were on that show?
I have heard of it. And my answer is probably my mom's chicken and dressing casserole or her pork cabbage rolls. My mom is an incredible cook.
3. Where is your favorite place to shop for shoes?
4. Is there a fictional character (say on television) whose style you admire?
Sherlock Holmes! BBC version plz. Mmm tailored suits, swishy jackets. I suppose also Irene Adler from the same series.
5. Would you rather be a pirate or a ninja?
Pirate, of course. Space pirate!
6. Have you jumped on board with the Kindle/Nook craze or do you still like a book in your hands? Or maybe you do both?
I adore my Nook. I still love a good old paper book, but I like my Nook for being able to carry as many books as I want with me. And not taking up all of the space beneath my bed and bottom of my closet. I keep a number of out of print paperbacks that haven't been added to digital libraries, but many of my newer-published things have been backed up with digital versions. I'll soon be donating a lot of physical books. I'm happy so long as I have something to read.
7. What is your favorite magazine, if you have one?
Allure was one of my favorites in the past. Mostly because they would often have a free VS panty coupon in them. Now, all magazines are crap. I was standing at the check out line and one magazine literally said "The most beautifullest ladies". Really. Really. The cashier didn't believe me until I showed it to her.
8. Do you wear sunscreen every day like they recommend we all should?
Nope sunscreen breaks me out. It's horrible, but I don't drink or smoke, and I eat my vegetables. Maybe it's my one high risk behavior, but I'd rather not do anything to cause further breakouts.
9. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
The Pumaman - godawful, but it was actually good for some laughs.
10. Do you have a favorite type of cookie? What is it? Will you bake me some?
Molasses cookies - mmm. I'm an awful baker. I'm a great cook, but I can't bake. The DH will just have to make the cookies. He's good at it.