Flower - from the yard
Top - Oscar by Oscar de la Renta, thrifted
Trousers - Express, thriftedPearl Hart Pumps - Fluevog
This was an outfit originally planned for Stripes Week, but due to
weather constraints got pushed back.
1. Lingerie inspired - This is a look that can go really wrong, but I want to dip my feet in and try. I thrifted a very pretty (honeysuckle! shade) tank with lovely lace details. I'm hoping to find some more femme pieces like that.
2. White Out - I've become obsessed with white/cream/eggshell looks. Rather I always have, but my goth roots have always held onto black to strongly for me to pursue it. I'm now looking into incorporating more white, but with an edge. See my banner photo!
3. Saturated Colors - Alternatively, I'm busting out the colors. Pastels look terribad on me, but super red, royal blue, marigold yellow, burnt orange - love color.
4. Wide Leg Pants - Okay, Skinny to wide leg. I can appreciate both for their funtionality. I think I'm going to look for more pants with the cut of the trouser I have on today. I really like the fit of the wide-leg, non low waist. Finding those right pairs are going to be tricky though.
5. Wedges - Boo, is this even a trend? Oh well, I'm still hunting a good white/silver wedge sandal that has some sort of edge-y feel to it. I don't really have a lot of shoes that will "go" with the above white out trend so that's definitely on the list.
Five trends I will not be partaking of: Maxi dresses, playsuits, Midi skirts, Clogs, and Crochet/Tassels. These are really not fitting with my current wardrobe. I feel they would be misfits in my closet.